- Enter your address or ZIP to find your elected representatives.
- Compose a brief personalized letter.
- Buy postage with your credit card, $1.50 per letter mailed.
- You'll get an email confirmation and (optionally) a public link you can share to your letter.
How it works
Stampede helps you easily mail physical letters to U.S. government officials, no stamp licking required!
Why should I use Stampede?
Personal letters are one of the most effective ways Americans have of influencing lawmakers.
Is physical mail more effective than email and phone calls?
Physical mail takes more work to send than email, so the common perception is that physical mail is more meaningful and personalized. Not every representative will value physical mail more than email, but we believe many will. Read this great article in The New Yorker to learn more about how physical mail plays an important role in influencing our government.
How long will it take for my letter to be mailed?
Stampede will immediately print and mail your letter, and you’ll receive an email confirmation along with an expected delivery date.
Can Stampede guarantee that my letter will be read by my representative?
Unfortunately not. However, most publicly elected officials have staff members who read and respond to constituent mail. Letters with personal stories are much more likely to be shared directly with your representatives.
Can you give me any letter writing tips?
The best letters are personalized, factual, and concise. We’ll add examples soon, but here are a few guidelines to help you get started:
- Say who you are and include your address (anonymous letters will likely be ignored).
- Say why you’re writing — what would you like the lawmaker to know or do?
- Keep it short and simple, and make a request of the official. For example: “I urge you to vote No on defunding Planned Parenthood.”
Is Stampede a for-profit company?
Stampede is a not-for-profit project. Fees are collected to pay for postage and server costs. Any remaining earnings are donated to the ACLU.
How are credit card payments handled?
Payments are securely processed via Stripe. Stampede never receives nor stores your payment data.